Child Care Safety, Security, Health & Wellness | Minnieland Academy Fredericksburg
At Minnieland Academy, We understand that the safety and security or health and wellness of your child are your most important criteria when selecting a school.
Our commitment to this responsibility is our number one priority. To ensure this goal, Minnieland Academy has the following measures in place:
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Each morning, a health assessment is made of every child. To prevent any diseases from spreading, we continue to monitor for symptoms during the day and notify parents when a child is ill to stay at school.
- Minnieland Academy staff must be certified in First Aid/CPR to be alone in a classroom.
- All toys and other materials are disinfected on a scheduled basis.
- Teachers undergo training procedures in diaper changing, and food preparation.
- All Minnieland Academy schools cleaned daily by professional vendors.
- The practice of hand washing is mandated for staff and children several times throughout the day.
- All staff members who dispense medication must complete a medication administration course, taught by a registered nurse who is Commonwealth-certified in medication administration training. We have strict policies for administering medication to your child to ensure they are protected.
- We require a doctor’s note for any medication.
- Medications are stored securely out the reach of children.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Our schools are equipped with an electronic access entry system that allows only authorized individuals to enter.
- Our schools are equipped with closed-circuit security cameras that are visible in a manager’s office.
- All employees are thoroughly screened and undergo criminal background checks and are trained in security measures by Child Protective Services.
No child will be released to any unknown person without written authorization and proper identification.
- All Minnieland Academy schools have emergency preparedness plans in place for severe weather, fire, lockdown conditions or other disaster situations and an emergency evacuation plan is in place at each school.
- Monthly drills are held to ensure staff and children can calmly and quickly follow through with the procedures.
- Minnieland Academy transports children in a fleet of specially designed buses approved by the Department of Transportation.
- Each driver must pass a defensive driving course.
- Our vehicles are regularly inspected and maintained for safety.
- The drivers have access to emergency phone numbers and assistance from the school, if needed, at all times.
- Minnieland Academy schools have high-quality playground equipment that is safe and kid tested.
- All fall zones and landing areas have areas with licensing-approved levels of soft surfaces.
- All playgrounds are age appropriate and age segregated.
- All outside playgrounds, pools, and waterplay areas are inside secure fences with locked gates.
- All perishable food is refrigerated.
- All Minnieland Academy cooks must undergo a “Food Safe” training administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Child Care Food Program.
- We welcome breastfeeding mothers, and we have careful policies for separating breast milk from formula.
- Minnieland Academy is a completely peanut-free zone.